You know, I’m not going to lie – it happens to the best of us, there’s days where you just really cant be bothered with getting too creative and when you have grumbles coming from all corners of the house because they’re hungry, getting something on the table ASAP is your top priority! This is a really simple, tasty stir-fry, which I kind of refer to as a bit of a “cheating” meal when it comes to cooking it (its not by any means unhealthy though!). Also, if you want to make everything from scratch, you can do that too, just takes a bit longer to prep the veg!
EASY PORK STIR-FRY
Prep time ~15 minutes, Cook time ~ 15 minutes Serves 4-6 people
6 large Pork Spare Ribs, cut short ways, into 0.5-1cm batons
1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp peanut oil
1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
850g bag Birds Eye Frozen Oriental Veg (or any other variety that you like)
1 sachet Maggi Sweet & Sticky Pork Sauce (you can find it with the other meal bases)
1 pack Thin Hokkien Noodles (cooked as per packet instructions)
1/4c Oyster and Sweet Chilli sauces
- Heat your oils in a large wok until hot, add onion and garlic, cooking until onion just starts to soften.
- Add pork pieces, and cook, stirring until browned all over.
- Get your noodles soaking, before adding the veggies and sauces to your wok and stirring thoroughly.
- Continue cooking until veggies are hot, and sauce has thickened slightly, then add drained noodles to wok and stir.
- Serve immediately with a nice cold beer or a cider.