Pork cutlets are great at the best of times, but add a sticky, sweet cider glaze and you’ll have your guests talking for weeks to come! Seen here served with a side of sweet potato mash, steamed broccolini and apple and onion jam, you can serve it with whatever sides you like!
Cider Glazed Pork Cutlets
Prep time ~ 5 minutes, cooking time ~ 30 mins, Serves 4
4 pork loin cutlets
2 tbsp butter
1/3c Apple Cider Vinegar
2c Apple Cider (I used Somersby Apple)
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Melt butter in large heavy based frying pan. Season cutlets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Once butter begins to froth in pan, add the pork cutlets, cooking 5-7 minutes each side until golden brown. Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Add garlic to cutlet pan, and stir for 30 seconds until fragrent, before adding the cider vinegar, stir well, scraping up any browned juices from the bottom of the pan.
- Add apple cider and dijon mustard, and bring to the boil. Cook until sauce becomes thick and glossy (this can take up to ten minutes depending on the size of your pan)
- Once sauce has thickened, return the pork cutlets to the pan, to warm back through, cooking a further 1-2 minutes each side. Spoon glaze over cutlets as they are cooking.
- Serve with your favourite vegetables and a serve of Apple & Onion Jam – recipe can be found HERE