Just about every time I visit my Mum we have either pancakes with blue berries or waffles with blue berries and ice cream. With Mother’s Day just around the corner why not treat your Mum to some home made waffles?
This recipe is an oldie but a goodie and anyone with a waffle maker can master this one.
Let me know what you think in the comments below, especially if you try this to treat your Mum!
Prep time – 5mins, Cooking time – 3mins, Makes 4
3/4 cup milk
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 cup self raising flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat your waffle maker
- In a bowl beat the eggs until frothy, then add the milk, oil and all dry ingredients until smooth.
- Spray your waffle maker with a light oil and then add 1/2 cup of the batter to the hot waffle maker and close the lid.
- Remove from waffle maker when golden brown or after about 3mins.
- Serve with your favourite berries, ice cream and maybe syrup.
- Enjoy! 😃