The name says it all. Rich, chocolaty cupcake, topped with fluffy Nutella buttercream. Whats not to like?? Another spin on a Taste favourite!
Prep time – 15 minutes Cooking Time – 25 minutes
Plus cooling and decorating time!
Nutella Bomb Cupcakes
2/3c Brown Sugar, firmly packed
100g butter, room temperature, chopped
75g dark chocolate, chopped
1c Self Raising Flour
1/3c Plain Flour
2tbsp Cocoa Powder
12 Ferrero Rocher chocolates
Nutella Buttercream (this will make a little more than needed)
125g butter at room temperature
2c Icing Sugar
1tbsp Thickened Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 12 hole 1/3c muffin pans with large paper liners.
- Place the sugar, butter, chopped chocolate and water in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted, combined and smooth. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Add eggs to the cooled chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Sift in flours and cocoa and gently fold together.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans, then drop a small teaspoon of Nutella into the centre of each cupcake.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until just firm on top or a skewer into the edge comes out clean (centre is Nutella filled!)
- Frost with Nutella buttercream (below) and top with a Ferrero or as desired.
- Beat the butter until smooth before adding Nutella and salt and combining.
- Add icing sugar in batches until thoroughly combined before adding thickened cream and beat until fluffy.
Happy Baking!! ~LC