I’ve always admired food that had been made to look like something else. When I discovered just how easy it was to make these tartlets I jumped on the bandwagon!
Impress your guests with this super simple but impressive treat of beautifully rose-shaped apples in crispy sweet puff pastry.
Prep time 10 mins, Cooking time 40-50 mins, Makes 8
Apple Rose Tartlets
2 sheets puff pastry
2 red apples (red delicious are perfect)
3 tsp apricot jam
½ tsp lemon juice
1tsp Icing sugar (plus extra to dust)
1tsp cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare the apple by chopping in half and coring, then slice finely as pictured.
- Place sliced apple, 3 tsp water, lemon juice and sugar in a bowl and toss, microwave on high for 1 minute or until apple is pliable. Drain liquid.
- Cut pastry sheets into four equal strips and lay apple slices as shown below.
- Mix remaining water and jam in a bowl then add jam mixture to pastry before folding pastry up and rolling (as pictured). Make sure to pinch the sides and push the apple into the pastry as rolling as it may try to slip out.
- Place rosettes into an oiled muffin pan and cook in the oven for approx. 45 minutes (checking from about 40mins onwards).
- When cooked dust tartlets with icing and cinnamon sugars and serve.