Who doesnt love pizza? What better way to enjoy an easy pizza snack than as a scroll! Super simple dough base that you can top with whatever takes your fancy at the time, fantastic for lunch box snacks or just to have when the hunger bugs are biting. Let us know what your favourite toppings are for making these, we like the classic Hawaiian, jalapenos supreme or my personal favourite, tandoori chicken with crumbled feta!
Basic Dough Recipe
2c Self raising flour
1 tbsp caster sugar
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl, add chopped butter and rub in until mix resembles a fine crumb.
- Add milk and work with a table knife until dough combines together. Tip onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth.
- Roll out to make a 30cm x 40cm piece of dough and top with your favourite toppings (see below). Once topped, roll from long edge, keeping the roll nice and tight and firm. Slice into 12 equal slices, and place cut side up on baking tray.
- Bake in oven at 180C for 30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- These can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for a couple of days or can be frozen for up to three months.
Toppings – These are our favourites, but any combination you like;
- Tomato sauce, mozarella cheese, ham/bacon and crushed pineapple
- Tomato relish, mozarella, tandoori chicken, crumbled feta
- BBQ pizzza sauce, mozarella, pepperoni, ham/bacon, chorizo, olives, jalapenos