Crunchy and sweet this stir fry has quickly become a favourite. You can use your favourite veggies or just what’s left over in the fridge that needs to be used up. Either way teamed up with lightly battered squid, sweet sauce and cashews you cant go wrong!
Prep time 10mins, Cooking time 15mins, Serves 4
2 heads broccolini – chopped into small heads
1 punet mushrooms – halved
3 carrots – julliened
1 clove of garlic – chopped finely
3 bunches pak choy – chopped into thirds
2 tbs brown sugar
1tbs fish sauce
1tbs soy sauce
1tbs sweet chilli sauce
3 squid tubes – sliced into inch wide strips and scored in a cross hatched pattern
1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp Tuscan seasoning
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup peanut oil – for stirfrying and shallow frying
1/3 cup cashews
1. Prepare the squid by slicing and scoring.
2. Place flour, salt and Tuscan seasoning in a bowl and mix. Dust squid in flour.
3. Shallow fry squid until just golden. Make sure oil is very hot. Set squid aside.
3. In a small bowl mix sugar, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce.
4. Heat a tbs oil in a wok and stir fry all veggies except the pak choy until just tender. Add pak choy and stir fry for a further minute. Remove from heat and drizzle with sauce. Mix though.
5. Plate up stirfried vegetables and top with squid and cashews.