I had a really hard time figuring out what to say to introduce this meal. Its been a tough couple of days in our household. A very good friend suffered horrible injuries in a freak accident which landed her on the operating table and now in hospital for at minimum a week.
When I got home today from seeing her, the last thing I wanted to do was cook but I knew I should make something. I had a look and found that we had left over BBQ chicken and enough in the pantry to create this comforting soup. It turned out to be just what I needed.
That whole chicken soup for the soul stuff? They might actually be onto something. Just wish I could have taken some in so our friend didn’t have to eat hospital food!
If you read this, please send good vibes to our dear friend for a speedy recovery!
Now, on to the yummy stuff!
Prep time 15 mins, Cooking time 15 mins, Serves 6
420g can sweet corn kernels
420g can creamed corn
270g packet dry ramen noodles
1 small bunch spring onion
2 eggs – beaten
1tbs sesame oil
3tbs soy sauce
1 litre chicken stock
1 ½ tbs corn flour
5 tbs water
½ BBQ Chicken – shredded (I used left overs so about ½ a chicken was more than enough)
1 inch piece of ginger – grated
- Bring stock to the boil and add in one strand of spring onion and the grated ginger.
- In a bowl mix the two tins of corn and add soy, oil and beaten eggs mixing till combined.
- Add corn mix to the stock. Stir well and removed strand of spring onion.
- Add shredded chicken to the stock mixture.
- In a cup mix the corn flour and 5 tbs water making sure there are no lumps.
- While the pot is boiling, add the corn flour and water and stir until thickened slightly.
- Add ramen noodles and cook until tender.
- Serve topped with sliced spring onion and your favourite crusty bread.