Growing up blueberries were a constant staple in our household. I swear my mum had a slight obsession with them! Sundays nearly always consisted of super thin pancakes rolled with blue berries in the middle and dusted with icing sugar, so yummy!
I love these muffins because the flavours remind me so much of those Sunday treats but they are so much more user friendly! Perfect for morning tea snacks, or a quick breakfast option you wont regret making these muffins.
Prep time 15 mins, Cooking time 20 mins, Makes 12
Easy Blueberry Muffins
1 cup canned blueberries – drained (can also use fresh or frozen, or any other berry of your choosing!)
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
¾ cup milk
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup caster sugar
½ tsp salt
1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Prepare your muffin tray by either placing muffin cups into the tray or by greasing the tray.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the egg, milk and oil until well combined.
- Once combined place a sieve on top of the mixing bowl and place in gently the flours, baking powder, sugar and salt. Once all in sift into the wet ingredients mixture. Using a wooden spoon mix flour and egg mixture together until smooth.
- Gently fold in the blueberries (or your choice of fruit).
- Scoop about 2 tbs worth of muffin batter into your prepared muffin tray cups. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for about 20-25mins or until a skewer comes out clean.