My Hubby is obsessed with anything southern, slow cooked or smoked. I don’t blame him really, so am I!
Slow cooking is one of my favourite things to do. Most nights in our household are full of extra curricular activities, be that indoor soccer, agility training with Saki-pup or Japanese sword training, so there isn’t much time left to prepare a proper meal. That’s where the slow cooker comes in! Quick prep the morning of, or night before then chucked in the slow cooker to cook all day, and come home to the house smelling amazing with a delicious meal ready at our fingertips. Who wouldn’t like that!?
Prep time – 10 mins, Cooking time – 6 hrs, Serves 6
This roast recipe is one my husband found while perusing the internet and insisted that we make it for a big family dinner this weekend. Coupled with corn bread, coleslaw and potato bake, this roast is just perfect.
The principle of this roast is really very simple, and you can change up your marinade and sauce as you see fit. So why not give it a go next time you don’t feel like slaving away in the kitchen. Let your slow cooker do the hard work for you!
Slow Cooker Honey Parmesan Pork Roast
2kg boneless pork loin roast
2/3 cup grated parmesan
½ cup honey
3tbs soy sauce
1tbs dried basil
1tbs dried oregano
3tbs chopped garlic
2tbs olive oil
½ tsp salt
2tbs corn flour
¼ cup chicken stock
- Turn slow cooker to high and place roast and any juices from roast into the slow cooker.
- In a bowl combine parmesan, honey, soy sauce, basil, oregano, garlic, oil and salt.
- Pour mixture over roast and cook on high for the first 2 hrs, reducing to low for the remaining 4 hours or as long as it takes for a meat thermometer to read 160 degrees.
- Once cooked remove the meat and set aside.
- Strain remaining juices from the slow cooker and place liquid into a small sauce pan over a low/medium heat.
- Mix the corn flour and chicken stock together (make sure there are no lumps).
- Add corn flour mixture to the slow cooker juices and simmer until thickened, stirring well. A teaspoon of sugar or more honey can be added if you feel the sauce needs to be sweeter.
- Pull roast apart with a fork into rough chunks and serve with glaze and your favourite sides.*
*for a delicious side option why not try this delicious Cornbread recipe. It goes perfectly with this dish to soak up all those yummy juices!
One thought on “Slow Cooker Honey Parmesan Pork Roast”
Pingback: Cornbread | The Strange Couple