There is nothing better than stumbling upon food inspiration and then thinking about making that meal for a few weeks, and then finally being able to make it and it being better than your wildest expectations! That’s exactly what happened to me a few weeks ago, and tonight I finally had a chance to create this delicious, protein packed dinner.
My inspiration came in the form of another food blog called Show Me The Yummy, their Thai Peanut Noodles made my mouth water just looking at them. I knew I had to make them because a) noodles and b) Asian flavours. That’s like totally my thing! I knew I would never get away with just noodles and egg for dinner, the hubby would never allow it (the man needs his meat!), so I chucked in some chicken and broccoli (because I’ve eaten really badly this week – stress eating as Saki-pup was in vet hospital for a few nights – I thought I should add something green).
This dish was a hit, hubby loved it, Saki (now home) loved it when I dropped some chicken and I super duper loved it!
Why not give it a try yourself 🙂
Prep time – 15 mins, Cooking time – 15 mins, Serves 6-8
Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken & Brocolli
180g packet of ramen noodles
1 heaped tbs minced garlic
¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
2 tbs dark brown sugar
1 tbs sesame oil
1 tps fish sauce
¼ cup smooth peanut butter
2 skinless chicken breasts – diced
1 large head of broccoli
Fried eggs (as many as you need per dish)
1 bunch spring onion – finely sliced
Fried spring onion
Chilli flakes (optional)
- Put noodles on to boil as per packet instructions and mix all sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir fry the chicken in a small amount of oil and when no longer pink add broccoli and stir fry until just soft. Set aside and keep warm once cooked.
- When cooked, drain the noodles and mix sauce through while hot.
- Fry eggs in a lightly oiled non stick pan. Keep sunny side up and cover with a lid to cook the top, you want these slightly runny as the yolk mixes amazingly with the peanut noodles.
- Place noodles in a bowl and top with chicken, broccoli and egg, and garnish with spring onion, sesame seeds and chilli flakes.