This is one of the easiest and yummiest pasta recipes I know how to make. It’s at the point now that I don’t even use a recipe , I usually just go by feel, but tonight I decided to actually work out how much of everything I use and here it is just for you! This does make quite a lot, so feel free to dial back the amounts if you don’t want left overs.
Prep time – 10mins, Cooking time – 20mins, Serves 8
2 skinless chicken breasts – diced
1 large brown onion – finely sliced
1 tbs minced garlic
1tbs chicken stock powder
250g frozen chopped spinach
½ cup water
500g pasta (I used large spirals)
3 heaped tbs wholegrain mustard
½ tbs honey
Salt and pepper to taste
- Put a large pot on to boil for the pasta while preparing the ingredients.
- Put pasta in to cook. In a large frying pan/wok on a medium heat cook onion and garlic in some olive oil until onion is soft then add the diced chicken. Sprinkle chicken with stock and cook until chicken is slightly golden and no longer pink.
- Add water, spinach, cream, mustard and honey and stir through.
- Once pasta is just cooked add to chicken mixture and cook for a further 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.