You know when you’ve just been eating bad/naughty food all Easter long and all you want is something deliciously savoury and in no way made of chocolate? Well that’s where I am at with life this week.
I swear if I eat or even just see another Easter egg I might explode! As fantastic as it is to indulge in chocolate for a week straight there does come a time when enough is enough. So to combat all the sugary chocolatey goodness I had been consuming I fought back with this delectable somewhat fancy pants but actually really easy pasta.
Its full of semi sundried tomatoey goodness, creamy but with a hint of heat sauceyness and of course to make it a little bit healthy a heap of spinach!
This pasta was a winner with me right away due to the fact that once I got going it was made in about 15mins flat! How good is that for a filling midweek meal that yields loads of leftovers?
Interested yet? Ok, here we go!
Prep time – 5mins, Cooking time – 15mins, Serves 6-8
Spinach and Sundried Tomato Pasta
2 packed cups baby spinach leaves
150g semi sundried tomatos
2 chicken breast fillets – chopped into bite sized pieces
500g pasta of your choice
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2tbs chicken stock powder
2 cups cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese – plus extra to serve
Salt and pepper to taste
1tsp oil to fry chicken – you can use the sundried tomato oil
1. Put a large pot on to boil pasta and place pasta into pot when bubbling.
2. Place chopped chicken into a large frying pan and season with chicken stock powder and fry until golden and cooked through.
3. Add tomatos, cayenne pepper and cream to chicken. Stir through.
4. When creamy sauce is hot add parmesan and stir through.
5. Once pasta is cooked drain and return to the pot. Wilt spinach through the creamy chicken then add the creamy chicken sauce to the pasta and stir through.
6. Serve with some extra parmesan on top of pasta and enjoy!