My favourite type of cake is a baked cheesecake. I can remember when I was little whenever I was taking into town we would always stop off at our favourite German coffee shop and without fail I would get one of two things. A jam berliner or a slice of baked cheesecake.
Each bite of this cheesecake took me right back to those cherished childhood memories.
250g plain sweet biscuits (Scotch fingers or arrowroot’s both work fine)
125g butter – melted
750g cream cheese – soft and at room temperature
2 tsp finely grated orange zest
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1 cup castor sugar
¾ cup sour cream
¼ cup lemon juice
- In a food processor pulse the biscuits until they are a fine crumble and add the butter pulsing again until combined.
- In a prepared 24cm spring form cake tin, press the biscuit mixture over the base and sides ensuring an even base well compressed base. When pressed in, refrigerate for 30mins.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. In a large bowl beat the cream cheese, citrus rinds and sugar with electric beaters until smooth. Add in one egg at a time beating in between then add the sour cream and lemon juice beating again until smooth.
- Remove the biscuit base from the refrigerator and pour cheese mixture into the tin.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 1hr and 15mins or until the top is just golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Enjoy!