An oldie but a goodie these jam drops will leave you wanting more! Very quick and easy to make, these biccies come out light and fluffy and are a total crowd pleaser.
Prep time 10mins, Cooking time 20mins, Makes 24
125g butter – softened
2 large eggs
2 cups self raising flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
1tbs lemon juice
1tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup jam – choose your favourite flavour
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Line two trays with baking paper and lightly grease.
3. Combine the butter and sugar using an electric beater until smooth and creamy.
4. Add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla essence and continue to beat until smooth.
5. When fully mixed add flour and stir in to form a dough. If the mix is too damp add a little more flour.
6. Form small balls out of the dough and place on baking trays. With a spoon or your finger make small but deep holes in the center of your dough balls. Fill with your favourite jam and place in the oven for 20mins or until golden.
7. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before transfering to a cooling rack.