This is the easiest Meringue recipe you will ever find. I decided to make a meringue after my last post Orange Poppy Seed Cake with Passionfruit Curd and Glaze. The curd required 5 egg yolks and I was left with all the egg whites. I don’t like waste, and I rather like meringue so it only made sense!
This meringue can me made into small rounds, or as large bases for toppings of cream and fruit.
With only two ingredients, why not give it a go 🙂
Prep time 5 mins, Cooking time 3 hours, Serves 8
4 egg whites
220g caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C. In a bowl beat egg whites on low with an electric beater until the whites start to go foamy and bubble, turn beater to high and continue until eggs form soft peaks.
- Begin to add the sugar, about 1 tbs at a time, over the course of 2-3 minutes the eggs should turn stiff and glossy.
- Line a baking try with grease proof paper and begin to spoon out your meringue mixture. It’s at this point that you can get creative, forming your meringue into shapes, or just a slab.
- Reduce the oven to 140 degrees C and place tray into oven. Leave to bake for 35-40 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave in place for a further 2-3 hours to dry out.
- When cool, top with your favourite fruits and cream and enjoy!
3 thoughts on “Easy Meringue”
Meringue is the best, isn’t it? This looks great!! 🙂
Gotta do something with your left over whites =) it turned out so light and fluffy, it was just delicious!
Pingback: Passionfruit Curd – The Strange Couple